Over many decades women have been using rose water as part of their regular skin care routine. As the name suggests, it is derived by steeping roses in water and allowing for all the good nutrients soak in the water. It’s one of the oldest skin care products around and is a must have goodie in your bag of skin care essentials.
Whether it’s in the morning, a night out partying, travelling, a day out at the beach or simply after a mask – rose water is a must for me. Why though some may ask…
- Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help reduce irritation and provide a cooling feeling over the skin
- It helps close any pores that may have been opened, such as after a mask, facial or exfoliation
- Leaves you feeling fresh and your skin feeling supple with a healthy glow
- Tightens mature skin and acts as a great toner
- Can be used as a makeup remover
- Smells nice – but beware of added additives!
- Readily available and an affordable home remedy
…and the list just goes on.
Of course like with any product, it takes time for you to see the results. It’s been approximately 3 months since I’ve religiously started including it into my daily skincare routine and I’ve personally seen many benefits such as, brightening of dark pigmented skin areas (chin, around the mouth and forehead), improved complexion and decreased dry skin concerns. The effects are so prominent, even my husband has secretly commenced using it (shhh…he doesn’t know I’ve mentioned this here). For best results, I suggest you apply it in the morning before your moisturiser and in the night before your night cream.
There are many brands out there and as I had mentioned previously it is a readily available product. You’ll be able to source a bottle from your local pharmacy to reputed online stores – just ensure to check the ingredients with any purchase. A little insight for those who are willing to spend a little more, the Jurlique | Rosewater Balancing Mist (50mL) is great and has a price point of $35. Well spent money for sure!